5th Annual National Pit Bull Awareness Day Pack Walk & Celebration
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Where: Huntington Central Park
18000 Goldenwest Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
To celebrate our favorite blocky headed dogs, we will be co-hosting with The Hounds Grounds our 5th Annual National Pit Bull Awareness Day at Huntington Beach’s Central Park! Join us for a community pack walk, to show our Pittie pride, and then enjoy some fun filled activity stations including agility, scentwork and more provided by The Hounds Grounds!
It will be an event filled with fun for your family with your dogs! This event is free to attend and all breeds are welcome!! We will have a raffle with all proceeds benefititng OCPBR and our rescue and outreach programs.
Central Park is located at 18000 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.
The event location is the corner of Goldenwest and Slater behind the Armstrong Garden Center. The closest park parking lot is the one on Slater…look for our bright signs that have our flyer on them.
10:00am – Event Starts
10:15am – Pack Walk starts promptly
10:45am – 1:00pm: Enjoy some fun activity stations with your dogs, including an agility course, scentwork station, and more! Don’t forget your dogs favorite treats to use them in the activity stations!
We look forward to seeing everyone! Our top priorities are SAFETY and EDUCATION so please read our Pack Walk Guidelines below in order to attend:
1. One dog per person.
2. Dog handler must be 18 or over.
2. Only dogs that are UTD on vaccinations/titers and SPAYED/NEUTERED may attend.
3. All dogs must be on a secure leash and collar at all times – absolutely NO retractable leashes permitted.
4. Bring your own water and poop bags for the walk portion.
5. We strongly discourage nose-to-nose interaction, please follow proper nose-to-tail protocol when introducing new dogs. Don’t know how? Please ask – we can provide a quick demo for you.
6. DINOS = Dogs In Need Of Space (If your dog is working on socialization, learning leash manners, has anxiety or other medical concerns, please BE SAFE and do not interact with other dogs) Please tie a YELLOW RIBBON on your leash to signify you need space **We will have yellow ribbons to loan out.
For more information, check out our event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/482679385432740/.